The following entities form together the SMALEI partnership/consortium:
- European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA), Belgium
- European Association of Regional & Local Authorities for Lifelong Learning (EARLALL), Belgium
- Basque government, Spain
- Volkshochschulverband Baden-Württemberg e.V. – VHS BW, Germany
- Glokala Folkbildningsföreningen, Sweden
- STOP Association, Poland
- Yuva Association, Turkey
Should you have any questions, complaints or queries with regards to how we use your information, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to answer/resolve it in the shortest possible time.
You can also get in touch with the Belgian Data Protection Authority (l’Autorité de protection des données) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice mainly covers the collection and processing of Personal Data of the SMALEI website visitors, newsletter subscribers and those registering to events organised or co‑organised within the scope of the SMALEI project, as well as people that the SMALEI project consortium engages with, in the framework of its mission and activities.
Information we collect and how we use it
a) If you visit the https://smalei.eu/ website (hereinafter the “website”) or contact our staff members directly:
- We may collect your Personal Data when you contact us with individual questions via the form to be accessed on the website or by contacting our staff directly through the email addresses provided on the website.
- We may collect your Personal Data when you contact us for the registration of SMALEI events, including multiplier events, thematic conferences, and other events related to the work of the project.
The SMALEI project consortium does NOT collect, process, store or use Personal Data from individuals aged less than 16 years.
b) If you are an external stakeholder seeking information about SMALEI and our activities:
- We may collect your name and contact information, including but not limited to name, company, job title, business address, email address and telephone number following the exchange of business cards or when you request orally or in writing to be added to our mailing list and/or newsletter.
- We may use your details to contact you about SMALEI activities, programmes and events and to organise such activities, programmes and events. Please note that if you do not provide the personal information we require, this may delay or prevent us from providing certain services to you. However, we will always ask your legal consent to proceed with the previously mentioned actions.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your Personal Data within the SMALEI project consortium’s internal organisation where reasonably necessary or desirable for us in order to carry out the above-mentioned purposes.
- We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Data as part of providing services to us.
- We may preserve and disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your Personal Data that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorised under applicable law.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The site contains links to third-party websites which are not managed by the SMALEI project consortium. Any Personal Data you provide on third-party websites is subject to those third-parties’ privacy policies. We are not responsible for the practices and policies of such third-party websites.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE?
We take all measures necessary – organisational and technical – to make sure your data remains protected against data breaches (e.g. unauthorised access, alterations or disclosures; unlawful or accidental destruction or loss).
SMALEI project partners’ staff is aware of the importance of data protection and respects the privacy, confidentiality and security of your Personal Data.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASE OF A DATA BREACH?
In the case of a data breach we will use all technical and organisational means available to contain and eliminate the breach. If we become aware that such breach might imply a high risk to the rights and freedoms of persons involved, we will communicate the Personal Data breach to the people concerned as soon as possible via email or any other means available.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The SMALEI consortium keeps your data for as long as your relationship with the SMALEI consortium or any of its partners persists (e.g. if you are a newsletter subscriber). In the case of attending to an event organised by SMALEI your Personal Data will be deleted 12 months following the end of the event. This is without prejudice to specific limitation periods foreseen by law allowing to conserve Personal Data for longer periods of time.
If you would like to update the Personal Data provided when registering to the SMALEI newsletter, please write an email to email@example.com. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and have the Personal Data blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You also may have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data and withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time. The right to access Personal Information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. Please note that you may not be able to benefit from all features of the Site if you request the deletion of your Personal Data, object or withdraw your consent to the processing your Personal Data.
If you would like to exercise your rights or withdraw your consent, please contact us by the means provided at the conclusion of this Policy.
Find out how your Personal Data is protected, the rights that help you take back control of your data and what to do if things go wrong. Read more here.
This privacy notice was updated on 24 March 2020. We may make periodic changes to this privacy notice. This will be informed via our website and email, respectively. All changes will be effective from that date. However, in the event that any modifications to this privacy notice materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and, where required by applicable law or as we otherwise deem appropriate, to obtain your consent.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The SMALEI project partners are collectively responsible for Personal Data collected on the website. If you would like to exercise your rights or if you have questions regarding the Personal Data we collect, you can send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at:
EARLALL – European Association of Regional & Local Authorities for Lifelong Learning
Rue des Deux Églises 27 – 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- identify users
- remember users’ custom preferences
- help users complete tasks without having to re‑enter information when browsing from one page to another or when visiting the site later.
Cookies can also be used for online behavioural target advertising and to show adverts relevant to something that the user searched for in the past.
HOW ARE THEY USED?
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
- Performance cookies. We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about the use of our Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. This helps us improve your browsing experience. Google Analytics analyses your interaction with our website and stores information about IP address, operating system, web browser, pages visited, demographics of the users, device used, and where the visit originated. Google provides certain privacy options and choices in this regard, which are described here.
All texts, layouts, designs, photos, films, videos, graphics and elements of any kind on SMALEI website(s) are protected by copyright ©. However, copyright-free images from Pixabay, Shutterstock and Unsplash are also featured therein. The publications, documents and information on our site(s) may be reproduced, described and made available to the public for non-commercial purposes, provided that the source is specified.
The SMALEI consortium makes every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information on this website but cannot accept responsibility for any prejudice, loss or damage which may occur from use of the information. The SMALEI consortium does not provide quality control of external links; the inclusion of any company’s or trader’s name within the pages should not be construed as a recommendation of that company’s or trader’s products and/or services.
If you find anything on this website that causes concern please contact us.